ASSOCIATE PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY OF KENYA (APS-K)
This course is designed to equip learners with foundational knowledge, practical skills, and attitudes that will enable him/her to possess transferrable skills, operational and tactical skills. To achieve this, units such as Principles of Procurement and Supply, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Distribution, Stakeholder Relationships, Introduction to Business Law, Communication and Office Management; Business Statistics; Entrepreneurship and Business Ethics, and Contract
General Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, the trainee should be able to:
- Apply the principles of supply chain management in undertaking the procurement and supply process.
- Communicate effectively when carrying out activities in supply chain.
- Embrace ethical business practices in entrepreneurship and supply chain operations.
- Effectively manage stakeholder’s relationships in procurement and supply.
- Administer and negotiate contracts in supply chain management.
- Appraise interrelationship between economics, business statistics, and finance in supply chain management.
- Manage assets and logistics in supply chain management.
- Apply ICT in supply chain management.
- Develop effective strategies in project and operations management in supply chain.
DURATION OF THE APS-K
The Total Qualification Time is 2880 hours/ 2 years.
Examinations will be conducted in the periods:
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) aggregate average of at least grade C- (minus), or Division II, KACE one principal or an equivalent qualification, Certificate of experiential learning, KNQA Level 5
- Associate in Procurement and Supply LEVEL I
- Associate in Procurement and Supply LEVEL II
- Associate in Procurement and Supply LEVEL III
- DL1.01 Principles of Procurement and Supply
- DL1.02 Understanding Organizational Environment
- DL1.03 Communication and Office Management
- DL1.04 Economics
- DL1.05 Introduction to Business Law
- DL1.06 Supply Chain Management
- DL1.07 Financial and Cost Accounting
- DL2.01 Procurement of Goods, Services and Works
- DL2.02 Negotiation in Supply Chain
- DL2.03 Contract Administration
- DL2.04 Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- DL2.05 Warehousing and Distribution
- DL2.06 Business Statistics
- DL2.07 Entrepreneurship and Business Ethics
- DL3.01 Logistics Management
- DL3.02 Supply Chain Information Systems
- DL3.03 Finance in Supply Chains
- DL3.04 Project Management
- DL3.05 Operations Management
- DL3.06 Asset Management, Costing and Budgeting
- DL3.07 Industry Based Learning
APS-K FEE (Ksh)
- APS Registration 5,000
- APS Reinstatement 4,000
- APS Renewal 1,200
- APS Level I Examination (per paper) 2,200
- APS Level II Examination (per paper) 3,200
- APS Level III Examination (per paper) 3,200
- Industry-based learning 15,000
- APRIL EXAMS: Registration and Exam entry deadline is 28 February
- AUGUST EXAMS: Registration and Exam entry deadline is 30 June
- DECEMBER EXAMS: Registration and Exam entry deadline is 30 September
REGISTRATION CRITERIA FOR THE APS-K
- Fill in registration form,
- Attach 2 recent colored passport photos, ID copy and certified copies (by a lawyer/advocate) of academic certificates, Transcripts and KCSE certificates.
- Pay registration fee Ksh 5,000 (APS-K) via Mpesa Paybill no. via Mpesa Paybill no. 7604813, account name is your two names without spacing then indicate the transaction number on the registration form. You can also pay through the bank; account name Kenya Institute of Supplies Examination Board, bank account number 01020230718100 , National Bank of Kenya, Ngong Road Branch.
- Send your application form to our offices at KISM Towers KISM Towers – Ngong Road 11th floor. Download examination enrolment forms, fill in and drop at the KISEB offices at KISM Towers accompanied your payment and required documents. Copies of these forms are also available on the website www.kiseb.or.ke/downloads.
You can then register for tuition at accredited institutions who have partnered with KISEB, which list is available here on this website.