CPSP-K EXEMPTION POLICY
(RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING)
Commencement: This policy is effective from 1st August, 2017.
This document outlines the rationale for exemptions for the CPSP-K courses, as well as the policy.
- Exemptions may, on application, be granted to registered students who
are holders of qualifications/certifications recognized by KISM. Exemptions will
be granted on a paper by paper basis upon application through form
- Application for exemption must be submitted with the Exam Entry Form.
- Exemptions take into consideration the applicant’s previous studies and examination results;
- Applicant must have obtained at least 50% (C) in the previous examination in the subject submitted for exemption;
- Exemptions may be considered where 70% or above of the previously
studied examination syllabus is identical in mapping to the CPSP syllabus;
- No exemption will be given to applicants whose qualifications are obtained by exemptions from local or overseas educational institutes;
- Exemptions are applicable in non-core modules in PARTS I, II and III of CPSP-K examinations only;
- No exemptions will be granted in the Associate in Procurement (APS) level examination;
- A non-refundable exemption fee will be charged on application.
In order for an exemption to be granted, the applicant must provide evidence to demonstrate that the qualification on the basis of which the exemption/s is being sought meets the following criteria:
- The qualification must be a fully completed qualification. Exemptions are not awarded for part completed qualifications;
- At least 70% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the
relevant CPSP-K unit/s must be covered within the qualification. The
CPSP-K mapping documents must be used to demonstrate coverage of
the CPSP- K learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
- The level of the qualification must be comparable or higher to that of the CPSP-K unit for which exemption is being sort;
- The rigour of assessment for the qualification must be appropriate to the level and content of the CPSP-K unit/s;
- No exemption is given for work experience.
Sufficient evidence of the above criteria must be provided by the applicant. The Examination Department will require the following documentation from you when applying for exemption from examinations
- Mapping exercise against the syllabus
- Copies of certified syllabuses course outlines/course descriptors
- Copies of certified degree & diploma certificate and transcript
You are required to undertake a mapping exercise. This exercise identifies to the committee where the evidence that you supply meets the syllabus.
- The evidence you supply the committee should demonstrate how you
have gained your up to date knowledge
- By using the mapping documentation, you will be able to directly correlate your evidence and subsequently enable you to identify that you have met a minimum of 70% of the syllabus.
- The committee should be able to use your mapping documentation as
their main point of reference to your evidence.
Individually-requested Exemption Process