The Certified Procurement and Supply Professional of Kenya (CPSP-K) is a professional certification in supply chain management designed to equip learners with knowledge, practical skills and attitudes that will enable them perform duties as buyers, supply chain managers, supervisor directors, or consultants for organizations.
The Associate in Procurement and Supply of Kenya (APS-K) is diploma course in supply chain management that is intended to equip the learners with knowledge, practical skills and attitudes that will enable them to administer supply chain functions in organizations.
A person seeking to be registered as a student for the CPSP examination must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following qualifications:
- Pass in APS (K), or
- Degree from a recognized university, or
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), mean grade of C+ (plus) with minimum C+(plus) in English and in Mathematics, or Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) with at least TWO principle passes and credits in Mathematics and English at Kenya Certificate of Education (KCE)
- Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM).
A person seeking to be registered as a student for the APS examination must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with mean grade of C minus (C-), or
- Equivalent qualifications as determined by Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Make an online application.
- Use the procedure linked
- Exemptions may, on application, be granted to registered students who are holders of qualifications/certifications recognized by KISEB. Exemptions will be granted on a paper by paper basis upon application through form CPSP/APS/4.
- Application for exemption must be submitted with the Exam Entry Form.
- Exemptions take into consideration the applicant’s previous studies and examination results;
- Applicant must have obtained at least 50% (C) in the previous examination in the subject submitted for exemption;
- Exemptions may be considered where 70% or above of the previously studied examination syllabus is identical in mapping to the CPSP syllabus;
- No exemption will be given to applicants whose qualifications are obtained by exemptions from local or overseas educational institutes;
- Exemptions are applicable in non-core modules in PARTS I, II and III of CPSP-K examinations only;
- No exemptions will be granted in the Associate in Procurement (APS) level examination;
- A non-refundable exemption fee will be charged on application.
- The qualification must be a fully completed qualification. Exemptions are not awarded for part completed qualifications;
- The level of the qualification must be comparable or higher to that of the CPSP-K unit for which exemption is being sort;
- The rigour of assessment for the qualification must be appropriate to the level and content of the CPSP-K unit/s;
- No exemption is given for work experience.
KISEB exams are administered thrice a year; April, August and December
CPSP-K minimum duration is 2.5 years (30 months)
APS-K minimum duration is 1 years (12 months)
- A student will be allowed to defer examination fees to the subsequent examination sitting only once in any particular part upon application and providing sufficient reason(s) for deferment. The successful applicant shall be required to pay an administrative charge equivalent to 15% of the applicable examination fees thirty (30) days prior to the examination period, failure to which the opportunity granted for deferment will lapse.
- Application for withdrawal must be accompanied by a letter quoting the student’s registration number, examination centre and reason(s) for withdrawal. Students who withdraw from the examination before the closing date specified for entry are entitled to a refund of 50% of the examination entry fee paid. Students who withdraw on account of illness are entitled to a refund of 75% of the examination entry fee paid, subject to submission of an authentic medical certificate covering the examination dates.
- CPSP Normal Registration 5,500
- CPSP Reinstatement 5,500
- CPSP Renewal 1,500
- CPSP Part I Examination (per paper) 2,500
- CPSP Part II Examination (per paper) 3,500
- CPSP Part III Examination (per paper) 4,000
- CPSP Industry- based learning 15,000
APS-K Diploma Fee
- APS Registration 5,000
- APS Reinstatement 4,000
- APS Renewal 1,200
- APS Level I Examination (per paper) 2,200
- APS Level II Examination (per paper) 3,200
- APS Level III Examination (per paper) 3,200
- Industry-based learning 15,000
How to Pay
The registration and examination has been put online for students.
Exemption fee is charged per paper per part. The fee is paid after an applicant makes an online exemption application and attaches all the necessary requirements
- Exemption CPSP Part I (per paper) 3,750
- Exemption CPSP Part II (per paper) 5,250
The pass mark is 50% and the maximum number a student can attempt a module is 3 sittings.
Exemptions can only be applied using the final graduation transcripts and certificate.
A candidate has to complete one part before proceeding to the next part for APS-K, but for CPSP-K a candidate can sit for exams across any part as long as they do not clash time and date.
- CPSP-K is guided by the timetable linked with units.
We have training institutions across Kenya, South Sudan and Rwanda. Click HERE to access the list.
A registered student will access revision and reference materials on the student portal.
Currently we do not have the online examinations. One has to sit for the examinations at accredited examinations centres (see the list)
A CPSP-K holder will have competencies to work in the following areas;
- Import & export
- Sourcing, Procurement & Contract management
- Transportation & Logistics
- Inventory management
- Academics, mentoring & Authoring
- Procurement Auditing
A CPSP-K holder will;
- Have Competence and confidence to perform in different contexts
- Have a competitive advantage in the job market
- Be dependable, accountable and ethical
- Respect from peers and other professionals